Powered by Blogger.

Can't cat loves art?

>> Tuesday 28 August 2012

I smiled to be listened to her imaginative answer - I choose pretty and cold handmade patchwork over warm and comfortable cabinet. What is wrong with that? Can't cat loves art?

From distance, I hear another imaginative voice of emak saying- you sound stupid talking to a cat!

photo:the grey-hair snuggled over the yellow-head
---@ @--

Since the day I arrived home for the festival break last week, abah keep on telling that my she-cat was pregnant. I refused to belief at first, thinking of her young age (less than a year old) and her small size and not having the right size of a mature she-cat. But she was unsual inactive and sleeps most of the time. Soon within days, her pelvic grew significantly in size. I finally admitted - ok, she is really pregnant.

days before giving birth - napping next to her mate

Unlike her mate, she seldom keen to get indoor. (we keep both cats outdoor most of the time). But few days before the labour, she acted differently. She turned more aggressive than her playful mate, trying as much to get indoor whenever the main door was unintentionally opened.  I trailed her several times, and each time she would stop near her new favourite spot - our prayer section. And each time I would tell her the same - you can't sit, sleep or give birth here. We perform our prayer here.


those reddish noses I cant help looking at.


She gets more aggressive still. I spotted her several times, climbing high up the window grill with her buldging pelvic, trying as much again, to get in. Afraid of getting any injury, I allowed her in several times, and again she would landed on the same spot - our prayer section.

A day before her labor, it was late in the afternoon and she was sleeping on one side of her stomach, allowing me to inspect her pelvic upclose. I noticed few movements on and off, and another mysterious heart-beat, beating under the thinning mother's pelvic skin. I told emak - look, there's another heart-beat. Emak smiled and said - you' sound stupid. (How unsupportive!) p.s: emak never likes us (abah and me) loves cats.


the kittens


So I thought it was almost time for her to give birth. I searched around and spotted two possible spaces where she can conveniently give birth - an old cabinet with broken doors and a laundry basket.

I gave a long thought on the cabinet, thinking it would be her choice of place to give birth. After clearing out enough spaces, I searched few pieces of old but clean and warm rags then laid them on one shelf, forming a small and confortable bed. Giving little consideration on the laundry basket, I simply put it under an old dining chair, then spead a piece of wide and thin handmade patchwork, mostly are made of polyster fabrics, forming a little bed with tent.


slimmer after giving birth: transferred to a new cage


It was almost maghrib prayer when I pat her head several times while showing around this two possible maternity and self-delivery bedding. I carried her near the old cabinet then said - I suggest you give birth here. It's warmer, safer and spacy here. I think you will like it. I next, carried her near the small laundry-basket tent and said - or optionally, you can give birth here too. Altought the patchwork looks pretty, but the polyester is colder and is not warm enough for your kitten. But I dont have anymore clean old rag for this basket, then whispering - dont tell emak I use her handmade patchwork instead! She gave a plain look at me, then continued to sleep.



hours after the labour - in the unconfortable laundry basket covered with polyester patchwork.

Then the next morning, emak woke me up in hurry and screamed twice. First- to see the newborn kittens, and next - to see her handmade polyester quilt turns into maternity bedding and tents. I jumped out of bed in excitement, to see three little kittens, with thin reddish-skin and noses, snuggled closer to the new mother-cat. I gave proud pats several times on her and said- I am glad you listen to me. But why choose this unconfortable and cold laundry basket? I ve explained this yesterday, right?



clockwise: mother's junior, the grey-head and the yellow-head (on my over-dried palms)

I smiled to be listened to her imaginative answer - I choose pretty and cold handmade patchwork over warm and comfortable cabinet. What is wrong with that? Can't cat loves art?

From distance, I hear another imaginative voice of emak saying- you sound stupid talking to a cat!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP