Powered by Blogger.

Ribbon Embroidery workshop at Kelopak Gallery

>> Monday 16 April 2012

Read this in Bahasa

Exciting sunday, I was fortunate to be able to attend a 1-day ribbon embroidery workshop in Kelopak Gallery, under the supervision of the multi-talented and well known guru in the country, Puan Norehan.

Commenced around 10 in the morning, I was the only beginner in the classroom with few other talented seniors who have advanced their ribbon embroidering with batik chanting. It guess it was the loveliest ideas that Puan Norehan have came out with, that bring this art of ribbon embroidering in Malaysia into another phase. 

Today's lesson was a bit different from the earlier as all of the embroidering techniques are to be sewn directly onto the fabric.  This time around, there is no drawing or tracing, but spontaneous in visualizing ideas and delivering each stitching and embroidering onto our fabric. Thus, the end results can never be remake, and this gave me a better idea about the difference between ribbon crafting and ribbon embroidering.

For first time, I was exposed to some basic techniques on color combinations. For example, for the leaves, I chose 3 different tones of green colors to give different visualization and meaning to my  ribbon work. We will go through this subject into great details, next week.










2 comments:

JaneT 7 September 2012 at 11:48  

Gorgeous work. I know of no one anywhere near where I live who does this kind of work. Maybe I can find a way to learn online. You have beautiful work here. Thank you for sharing.

Jahitjahitan 8 September 2012 at 14:27  

Thank you Janet. I will write more tutorials on this subject soon. Do re-visit. p.s: I hope to find your blog on your profile, so I can pay a visit :)

Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP