Powered by Blogger.

Floral Fabrik Brooch: Rose-bud

>> Sunday 21 October 2012

Read this in Bahasa

The first time I saw this so called Rose-bud was months ago, and someone was wearing it as a brooch on her shoulder, clasping one tip of her head-cover to her left shoulder dress. Each layers were delicately  formed - the perfect color, the uneven-and-natural-look of each "petals. Soon I learnt that it was called the Rose-bud
(photo: I use fabric satin: 2 | 2.5 |3 inch)

I finally had the opportunity to see this live, displayed on a shelf in a shopping mall. There are many sizes of them and each has different heights and angles. I told myself that one day, I will re-invent the design to give a better look.

It finally happened only after 2 months. There are numerous tutorials out there, which described the different ways of doing it, most are in forms of visuals, and without telling how it measures - the length and wide. There always this magical, grey-area step before you can really form each bud completely, and it really took me a while to finally figure it out successfully. Soon, I learn how to make each look schematic or natural. I even tried it using different fabrics and ribbons.


I use satin ribbon - the stiff texture gives sharp edging. A lot easier to hold and make it flat
I use satin fabric (the best quality), gives a more natural edging look and is a lot delicate to hold.


I tried it using another quality of satin - not so bad at all 



I used jersey - the stripes are nice too

 
I arranged each petals tighter

Slightly arranged it with "spaces" (loose) gives a natural look. I used hand-dye satin, red and yellow combined





7 comments:

Red Clover Craft 23 October 2012 at 16:15  

Sweet roses! Beautiful colours :)

Unknown 13 March 2013 at 20:55  

I LOVE these roses! I have been looking everywhere for a tutorial, do you sell one?

Jahitjahitan 13 March 2013 at 22:36  

Thanks. I did sell last time, but not in stock for a while. Yes, many has requested me to do the tutorial. I will find time to make one :)

Unknown 2 July 2013 at 15:00  

please make a tutorial, i want 2 learn. its nice sis..

Jahitjahitan 2 July 2013 at 19:26  

Hi Azrina

Thanks for the visit. My apologies goes to you and the rest who have requestd for the tutorial since soooo long and it never apprear:) I will locate the tutorial's bookmark whc i have saved somewhere I cant remember. I am quite buzy at the moment to write my own tutorial..hope will share the techniques sometime soon.

Jahitjahitan 7 July 2013 at 16:24  

refer here> http://jahitjahitan.blogspot.com/2013/07/tutorial-bunga-fabrik-rose-bud-dari.html

will translate this later

Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP